[Gpdd] Bridge: Flint

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Thu Oct 20 00:27:05 EDT 2005

Dear Lisa,
     How completely I relate to your feelings of somehow being responsible
for not being able to save little Flint. I felt so sad for you and so
understanding of how you feel. I still feel that way and a year and a half later
sometimes but I truly don't believe that either of us or of the many other who feel
so personally responsible did anything wrong. Yet, we couldn't achieve the
impossible.
     But how the thing continues to replay in our minds. Over and over.
     You are NOT a bad guinea pig slave -- just one who is heartbroken and
grieving.
     We feel that we are bad GP parents because we tried too hard to help or
that we didn't try hard enough.
     Think of your little guy bouncing around on the other side of the Bridge
-- all the muchies he could ever want and in the company of so many wonderful
guinea pigs who await their other friends and their people.
     I've cried over your post -- its all so real, so truly human and
touching. You loved him and having them go hurts so terribly.

May God comfort you,
Alge and the quieted Jolly Rodents