[Gpdd] [Announcement] Flint's Necropsy Findings and more

Lisa B cavylover74 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 21 00:57:54 EDT 2005

Thank you all that wrote me sending condolences.  I appreciate it very much and to an extent, it does make me feel a bit better.  You are all great and very understanding.   Hugs to you all.  Also, can you give all your pigs big cuddles from me.

I finally called the vet's office Wendesday to let them know about Flint.  I just couldn't bring myself to call them any sooner nor could I bury him just yet.

After talking to the one office woman for at least 15 minutes (I was in tears again), she called me back a few minutes later.  The vet wanted to do a necropsy because he was shock also.  I told them I suspected an URI because of his gurgling and wheezing.  My husband had to unpack him from the box and send me on my way to the vet with my baby.  I cried all the way there.  I just can't believe he is gone and I don't want to believe it either.  After they took him from me, the girls in the office shocked me.  They wanted to cremate him with my permission so I could have him.  I agreed, which made me cry even more.  Then today, I got a big bouquet of flowers from the vet's office that said "We are sorry for your loss of Flint.  We all loved him."  Again I cried.  To tell you all the truth, I am tired of crying but I can't help it.

What is even worse now, I think I could have saved him.  The vet told me today, my baby boy died of pneumonia, his lungs were filled with fluid and everything else was good.  If I would have taken him to the vet on Sunday, I truly think he would be here today.  I know I shouldn't be beating myself up over this, but I feel so darn guilty.  I guess I am just trying to justify something in his death.  I just don't understand how he was fine on Thursday and then he had full blown pneumonia on Sunday.  I am so depressed.  Maybe if I would have put a heavier towel on his carrier or put him in the plastic carrier, kept the windows up in the car, etc, this wouldn't have happened.  There are so many what ifs or should haves.  I am driving myself insane over this.

I am so worried about the girls also because he was near them and on Saturday, he was in their cage.  I keep checking them and listening to their breathing.  Oh, that reminds me, the one office girl is going to give me her stethoscope to use for a while so I can monitor the girls a bit closer.  Do you think I should just have them all treated anyhow before any symptoms appear.

I am sorry I keep rambling on about this, but I need to justify his death and find reason.

Very Heartbroken,
Lisa and the Guinea Girls
Forever in my Heart, Cupcake and my baby boy, Flintster.  RIP my sweet boys.

The "pigs" say, "Have a Wheeking Good Day!"