[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE: Chewy

Karen Murphy klynnem at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 22 14:15:07 EDT 2005

Dear Lisa C., I am so sorry for your pain.  I believe...Chewy did not leave you today...he left behind his physical form  here on Earth, a form which was causing him distress and making him tired, but he did not leave you.

His spirit is still with you, watching over you, and cradling your heart.  The relationship between you two has to change now, because you can't touch his fur or kiss him or hand out favorite veggies, but the relationship does not have to end.  Continue to talk to him and love him--he will hear you.

As for him going  over the Bridge when he was alone in his cage...I read that and immediately thought of how much he had to have loved you to spare you the pain of watching him go.  He wanted it that way, I am sure.  Try to accept his gift to you instead of beating yourself up. (Lisa B, this applies to you and Flint also.)

Pictures?  You're not a bad mommy for not having them.  That just means his image and his little face are so emblazoned on your mind that you don't need them to recall his image.  I did the same thing with my heart-bun of all heart-buns, Halo.  Realized after the fact that I had, like, two, not-very-good pics of him.  It took a while, but I finally realized that Halo and I were so busy having fun and loving each other that we just didn't stop to record every moment on film.

Hugs,
Karen, Meekly, Viv (still pregnant) and new rescue Brody