[Gpdd] HEALTH:Sonny

Karen Murphy klynnem at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 23 14:01:09 EDT 2005

Hi Lisa, of course you are very attached to them all.  I have observed the same attitude--well, you have so many pets, losing one is not too painful.  I haven't found the right answer to people who say things like that--but I am always tempted to say, "If you had six children and one died, that wouldn't be too bad, right?"  Of course, I don't say that as it would not be productive, but I hope you know that most people do understand that you love all your guys.

As far as hay, the suggestions I have you may already have tried, but here goes:  Cut his hay into short little pieces, an inch or so, experiment to see what works for him.  Kleenmama has third cut timothy now and I know a lot of  people are ordering it for a "treat" hay, but maybe Sonny needs it for everyday.  Also, sick, bad teeth, whatever, I find very few animals will turn down American Pet Diner's Second Cut Timothy Gold (this last batch I got wasn't the greatest, but it is usually good).  Kleenmama's Bluegrass is also tempting to some.  If he is that thin and his tummy can handle it, I also don't see what would be wrong with offering him a bit of alfalfa hay.

Good luck, and hugs to you and Sonny,
Karen, Meekly, Vivian (preggers perpetually) and new rescue Brody.

Karen Murphy
klynnem at earthlink.net
Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.