[Gpdd] (Health) my piggie is in for surgery :(

Erin M pussinboots132004 at yahoo.ca
Mon Oct 24 14:12:56 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

I haven't said anyhting for awhile, I have been to busy!! Anyway all this time we thought Frodo had mites again, well today we finally took her to the vet, and he says its nothing like that at all, she actually has a ovarian cyst, which is something many female guinea pigs get when they are about middle aged (3-5) its from the hormones going wacko in her body. Anyway she has been losing hair because of the stress of it all, and tricked us in to thinking she had mites. The vet said the best thing to do is to take her whole uterus out, so thats what they are doing today. She should be able to come home today, I still can't help thinking she won't survive the surgery, she is so weak from being sick for the last few months. Sam her cagmate misses her, she will be so sad if Frodo dosen't make it, she loves Frodo so much.  Anyway welcome to all new memebers, and condolances to all those we have lost their special piggies.

Erin

and the piggie four,
Frodo, Sam, Arwen and Eowyn

Erin, Frodo, Sam, and their new little sisters, Arwen and Eowyn! : )