[Gpdd] FW: RAINBOW BRIDGE: Snuggles

GPDD Admin gpdd-admin at gpdd.org
Mon Oct 24 17:32:12 EDT 2005

This is a forwarded message. Please direct all replies to the author, Pam
Kareta , smiley943 at yahoo.com

I have an update on my little Snuggles.  It is bad news.  He passed away in
my arms Wednesday night as I tried to rush him to the Vet.  I didn't even
know he was sick. When I got home from work, I looked over at him, and he
was in his cubie, so I went in the other room.  But when I came back, he
was laying in a very weird way sprawled out in the middle of the cage by
his water bottle.  I think he was waiting for me to come home to let me
know he was sick. I picked up his little fragile body and he winced.  He
was trembling, shaking, almost as if he were having a seizure, heart attack
or stroke.  I put him on my bed sideways (like he already was) and he
didn't move.  He was like frozen!  I drove to the Vet with Snuggles in my
lap, holding him and trying to calm him down (and me) and crying and
sobbing and saying please don't die!  I know you don't want to die!  His
little eyes were looking up at me as if to say, "Mommy, help me, take away
this pain. It hurts so much".  I've never seen him or anyone or anything
like it. I was just thankful that all of his bodily fluids stayed in tack,
but his little body was still shaking uncontrollably as I tried to hold him
close to my body. I tried to sing him song, but he still winced.  I kissed
the side of his face, on his check and he winced.  Then his legs and arms
tightened up really hard and were shaking, as if I he were an angry person
clenching his fists really tight, ready for a fight, it was kind of like
that.  Then I heard a gasp, really loud for his little body, and then his
body calmed down. I didn't realize it then, it was only later on that I
realized that was his last breath (gasp) of air.  His soul had departed. He
was gone.  I was still about 5 minutes from the Vet.  When I got there they
took him in the back and came back shaking their heads.  Snuggles was gone.
 I cried some more privately in my car in the parking lot and then drove to
see my parents and to take Snuggles there. I didn't know what else to do. I
felt all alone and I didn't want to be alone.  I am so thankful that
Snuggles waited for me so I could be there with him when he took his last
breath on earth.  I was such a special little guy, and he really lived up
to his name.  He would snuggle with me for hours!  More than a dog or cat
ever would.  He loved his afghan blanket too.  He loved to be petted while
we laid there, sometimes he would fall asleep on me.  I loved him so very
much.  He was my little companion.  Thank you to everyone who helped me
with your emails while he was itchy....now he doesn't have to scratch
himself anymore.  I know I will see him again someday and that he will
always be with me, but right now I'm not ready to have any guinea pigs.
There are so many more details about Snuggles that I am not writing about
here, because I figured this notice was probably long enough.  Perhaps
another time, I will share more of his life and the happy times and the sad
times.  Thank you for your thoughts and prayers at this difficult time.

Love to all,

Pam and Snuggles  (smiley943 at yahoo.com)