[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Hand-feeding advice urgently needed

Frau Meier wenzels at wugnet.de
Tue Oct 25 16:14:45 EDT 2005

Hello,

> The CCT factsheet says there is a certain point at which a
> weight loss becomes so severe that no amount of hand
> feeding will save the piggie

if a piggy looses more than 30% of its body mass, there is no chance to
recover.

> The CCT factsheet and websites I've  looked at recommend
> wrapping piggie in a towel

> Sarah  has him stood on her lap, no towel, just lifts his front legs
> and opens  his  mouth

We show both methods in our website (www.fraumeier.org/paeppeln.htm),  a
wrapped piggy, fed by Vedra personel and a piggy sitting on my lap. I
prefer the second method and have good experience, but both piggy and staff
must learn this! It will take two or three times of feeding!

Best wishes for Red Dandy
Hermann

***** meerschwein online - www.fraumeier.org *****