[Gpdd] [housing] heating pad?

Michelle Lazarus michelle.lazarus at jefferson.edu
Wed Oct 26 12:11:10 EDT 2005

Good day to all. . . .I was feeding my babies this morning and came up
with a question I thought maybe one of you might be able to answer.

It is getting colder here in the east coast, and I am trying to ensure
that my piggies stay at their optimal temp throughout the day, but alas,
we have an old house and keeping an even temp throughout  the house can
be difficult (at least until we finish ALL the renovations we plan on
doing ;)).  Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has used a heating pad
underneath the chloroplast to warm the cage??  I was thinking that I
could buy a small one for just part of their cage so that they would
have a warm spot to huddle in if the temp dropped or something. But I do
worry that this could be a fire hazard and or could warm/burn the
piggies . . . so I decided to ask all of the wonderful experts on this
fantastic forum :)

Thank you all in advance :)

Sincerely,
Michelle (moma slave), Ella, and Kalya and Papa Slave :)