[Gpdd] Health: Itchy skin

Karenluntw at aol.com Karenluntw at aol.com
Wed Oct 26 17:25:21 EDT 2005

Dear Kelly and piggies

One idea for itchy skin is using a product called Neem Oil.  I  purchased
this at a health food store, and rub it on the back of my piggie Rajah  who gets
itchy skin.  It seems to help.  We go through a cycle where  he gives himself
a bald spot, I put on Neem Oil, and eventually his hair comes  back.    Then
he starts to itch again......*sigh*. We go  through this cycle a few times a
year depending on the season  The oil is  fairly inexpensive at around ten
dollars, and you don't need a lot per  dose.  Neem Oil  is a concentrated form of
aloe vera so it  will not be harmful for your piggie.It can be bought as a
cream, lotion, or  gel.    It's worth a shot.  Good luck!

Karen:) Slave to Rex, Rajah, Rocket, Ranger with Rolex always in our  hearts