[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: The GPDD's Position on Topics regarding Eating Guinea Pigs

GPDD Admin gpdd-admin at gpdd.org
Wed Oct 26 22:50:07 EDT 2005

All,

Over the past couple of days a discussion has started on the topic of using
guinea pigs as food. The statement below is the GPDD's opinion and position
on the matter:

While some cultures consider guinea pigs as food, the American culture does
not. We won't tell you what to do in your country, but Americans find the
practice of eating companion animals unacceptable.

The GPDD's charter and mission is the celebration of guinea pigs as
companions: to find ways to make their lives happy and healthy and to help
them live as long as possible. That being the case, we do not support or
condone using them as a food source.

To that end, the topic of guinea pigs as food is closed; no further posts
will be approved to the list. If anyone feels strongly about the subject,
they can communicate off-list, or take any provocative arguments to another
list that welcomes heated discourse, as the GPDD is not the forum for it.

- The GPDD Team