[Gpdd] MISC: our little baby, Star

Michael Tanaka mtanaka at hawaii.edu
Fri Oct 28 06:56:37 EDT 2005

Hello everyone and everypig.  If you've seen my earlier posts then you know
that we 'rescued' a pregnant piggie from the pet store on monday.  On
thursday, shortly after 8 a.m. (Hawaii time) the piggie began to have the
babies.  The first one was fine.  The second one.....  I didn't see either
being born but the second one was just lying there.  I was going to take it
out but the mother came and stood over it so I told her, Okay, I won't touch
your babies.  She kept cleaning it and nudging it.  My heart was already
broken, but seeing that again and again only broke my heart more.

Sorry, but the mother and living baby have no names as of yet, but we've
named the not alive one, Star.   I don't know the sex of the baby.  But Star
is a beautiful brown with a lovely white stripe down her face and the cutest
'socks' on her front paws.  Tonight, I looked heavenward and saw one bright
star twinkling at me.  I knew it was our baby.  We went to the store and got
some flowers and supplies.  We wrapped baby in soft cotton, put her in a
little box, and buried her/him in a big pot and topped it off with some
flowering begonias.  She/He now sits on our lanai.

Believe me when I say I've been crying and crying and crying.  Star didn't
deserve this.  So, if you can, please look heavenward tonight, for you just
may see Star twinkling and shining down on us as she/he tries to reassure me
that she/he is okay.

Star, I wish we could have lived our lives together.  I'm sure you would
have brought such joy and happiness and adorableness into our lives.  As
hopefully we would have done for you.  Please be safe.  Please be okay.
Mommy and Daddy love you.

Corrine and Michael