[Gpdd] (Misc) Re: Baby Star

Stacy Harvey ckrtsqrl2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 29 18:08:02 EDT 2005

Poor Corrine and Michael! You guys have been through so much! I'm glad that you decided to take a chance on the little female pig you got, but I'm also sorry for the loss of little Star. I know how you feel, really...when I got Serendipity, it wasn't long before I started feeling movement. She was so tiny and had been so sick that I was afraid I would lose her. One day, I noticed that she was acting funny and I figured she was probably going into labor. I wanted to stay home with her, but I was on watch at work and knew there was no way they would let me stay home. I worried about her all morning, and when my co-worker showed up I begged her to let me go home early. I rushed home and sure enough, Sera was in labor. She pushed for a long time and finally she delivered a very large baby. She must've known that it was already dead because she just walked away from it. So I picked the baby up and started rubbing it with a towel and trying to blow puffs of air into its face, but it was no
 use; the poor little thing was already gone. Like Star, it looked perfect--like there shouldn't be any reason that it died. It actually looked almost exactly like Sera, all white and cream, except it had a spot of black on its belly. I cried for a long time, but I was also incredibly happy that Sera was still alive after her ordeal. I still think of that perfect little baby sometimes and wonder if I had been able to not go in to work, would it have lived? We can't dwell on the "could-shoulda-woulda's", so you just have to focus on the new mama and her little one. We'll keep you all in our prayers.

Stacy and the Squee Squad