[Gpdd] behaviour : fighting piggies

adw25 at frontiernet.net adw25 at frontiernet.net
Mon Oct 31 10:34:32 EST 2005

I need help fast!!! After being in separate cages side by side for over
a week, I put Bert and Rapunzel in together ....major piggie fight!!!
She went after him, he seemed happy with her until she attacked. She
didn't break the skin but tried to bite him and chased him until he
ran to me to be picked up. I have held them on my lap together and
every thing seemed fine but when they are in the big cage together she
keeps trying to hurt him.
    Rapunzel is back in the little travel cage and she clicks her teeth
at him every time he come close to the wire. Plus now Bert wants me to
hold him even more than usual. I have checked him as closely as I can
and see no bites just a lot of wet hair where she tried to bite him.
    Am I not giving them enough time to adjust ? She seems to really
hate him for some reason. Now he won't even look at her or "talk" to her
through the cage wire like he did before. She bites the cage between
them and he runs to the cage door and squeaks to be picked up!!
    I need to get this resolved before we go on vacation next week, I
had planned to take both of them in the small travel cage but I can't
see that happening now. Help, Help, Help.....
    Aileen, disappointed Bert and mad Rapunzel