[Gpdd] [gpdd] Hurricane Katrina Update

truejedi at bellsouth.net truejedi at bellsouth.net
Fri Sep 2 12:24:09 EDT 2005

Thankfully I got in touch with my parents this morning.  Their town and subdivision is in pieces....trees down....houses damaged...it's a terrible site.  Their home had NO damage at all.  The roof is still on and all the siding is on too.  The garage door has a small dent in it and the fence is torn up...but that's ALL!  I can't even tell you how much we prayed and how many people were praying for us....but God answerd our prayers and kept me and all of my family safe and our homes too.  We have so much to be thankful for.  Just want to say to everyone thank you all for the prayers and kind words.  It means so much to our family.

Since we were so luckily blessed with having power before everyone else and no damage done, we are trying to help those that we can.  We're constantly freezing water in containers to hand out so people can have ice to keep things cool.  We're going check on friends this eveing and we'll open up our home to them and our family who weren't so fortunate.  I have a lot of aunts and uncles and my stepdad's mother, their houses didn't make it through the floods.  They are from New Orleans and they haven't  been back home yet.  They probably won't get back for a few months.  Also my fiancee's grandparents didn't leave their town and they got flooded really bad.  We still haven't heard from them and no one can get in touch with them.  Please keep them in your prayers.

The Uineas are happily resting in their big cage.  They are happy to be home.  The drive was a bit stressful on them but I couldn't leave them behind.  They want to thank all piggies who prayed for them as well.

Misty and The Uineas