[Gpdd] [misc] Hurricane Updates

truejedi at bellsouth.net truejedi at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 6 10:20:24 EDT 2005

Thank you to everyone who wrote to me personally and on the digest.  You all have been so supportive and I just can't thank you enough!!!!!!!!!!!

Well my parent's are still without power.  My future inlaws home made it without any damage.  My stepgrandmother has 18 inches of water in her house and my aunts do too.  Things around here are so hectic still.  Over 10,000 people died from this horrible disaster.  They say on the news there is another one and strong chances it will hit right over New Orleans again.  We can't go through this again.  Please pray for us.  We were very fortunate to have power so soon...but most people still are without power.  I'm thinking I can't wait for things to be back to normal again but I relize things around here will never get back to normal.  It's so different now.

We keep freezing ice to give away and we want to help people.  We brought some food to our friend's the other day..they were sooo happy just for a loaf of bread and some ice!!!  In Wal-Mart people are just going crazy.....everyone is walking around and you can see that we all are still in shock.  It has brought out the good in most people though.  People are more willing to help and share now.

Well, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on here!  You all are the best!  Thank you for your support at this time.  And please continue to pray for everyone who was affected by Katrina.

Love to all,
Misty and The Uineas