[Gpdd] [Care] Flint's Neuter Update

Lisa B cavylover74 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 7 11:06:24 EDT 2005

Thanks for all the replies I got regarding my Flint.  I will personally reply to each and every one of you that wrote, but as of right now I am stressed probably more so than Flint.

Just got off the phone with the vet, he called me personally because he knew how concerned and worried I was about the surgery.  He said Flint did very well and is up and walking around.  They were giving him his bag of treats I packed for him (they thought that was cute).  I packed up his veggies and fruits and his hay, pellets and water bottle in an insulated lunch bag.  They said it reminded them packing up a lunch for a child.  I said he is my baby, I had to make sure he had good food to eat when he got up.

I also want to ask if anyone has ever heard of mushy testicles before?  The vet said the one testicle was so mushy, it literally fell apart.  His other testicle was a bit harder but still mushy.  He has no idea what may have caused this nor I don't think he has ever seen this before.  Then this makes me wonder if I had never opted for him to get the surgery, would he have had problems?

I would really like to know more about the "mushiness" of the testicles and what may have caused it.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Wheeks,
Lisa and the Guinea Girls and the newly neutered Flint (that will be happier in a few weeks)

The "pigs" say, "Have a Wheeking Good Day!"