[Gpdd] Misc: ID's and Recovery

Susi Eastin susiathome at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 7 16:31:38 EDT 2005

Jaime- At the cavy shows all pigs are required to have either ear tags
or tatoos. Most I have seen opt for the tags, they're tiny metal tags that
attach to the left ear, practically painlessly. Most of mine are now tagged.
But they have 3-digit numbers on them, don't know how much help that
would be. There are also nifty plastic tags with clips you can get to attach
to the cages and write whatever info on them you wish. Lots of the folks
at the shows will write the info on the particular pig in that carrier, or maybe
"For Sale" etc.  There are several suppliers where you can order these
things. For tagging, you could just contact a breeder or go to a show in
your area and get a few pigs tagged much cheaper than buying the supplies.

Lisa- So glad to hear Flint is up and around! The lunch bag is so cute - I've
done that myself. In fact, our vet told me the same thing about LW when he
had his 'alterations' - that one was mushy. He didn't seem to understand it,
either. If anyone knows the reason, I'd be interested to know,too.
Give that boy a kiss for us.

Susi and the Okie Piggies