[Gpdd] Care: Towels as bedding

Martha Coburn marthac at cogeco.ca
Thu Sep 8 10:32:17 EDT 2005

Hello fellow piggers,

Well a bunch of people around me think I should be committed. Luckily my
family is standing with me. Within the span of less than a year I have gone
from a complete non pet person to having 4 furry babies in my life. Last
September Sally started it all when my step daughter caught her in the
streets of the city. It's amazing how quickly and unconditionally I became
attached to her. This July Poppy joined the family when I made the decision
to get Sally a friend. I figured 2 was a good number. Well my stepdaughter
then saw a beautiful little girl that she thought would fit right in. That
was a Friday in  August. So 2 days later on Sunday I'm at a pet shop picking
up some special order piggie stuff and the manager goes "Oh maybe you can
help me". Next thing I know I'm whisking Otis away from the other piggies
that were picking on her and had pulled all of her hair out (I know Otis is
a bit unusual for a girl but she is a tomboy and the name just fit). Otis
fit right in with the the crowd here thankfully and her hair is growing
back.

So since the herd has expanded my husband, who enjoys them just as much, has
built them a new 6 x 3 1/2 palace. As the size is a bit daunting for bedding
I am shifting to the towel method. I'd love to hear from other that also bed
their piggies with towels and find out their routine, how many they use etc.
Please feel free to contact me through the digest or directly at
marthac at cogeco.ca

Wishing all piggies and their peoples a great day,

Martha, Sally, Poppy, Holly and Otis