[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: Katrina help for animals (Operation Angel Pig)

Cindy calliope at geeksnet.com
Sat Sep 10 11:40:49 EDT 2005

Hi, everyone.  Jenna, Trina, and I would like to announce the beginning of
Operation Angel Pig!  It is a "Secret Santa" type program to help the
animals affected by Hurricane Katrina (with the "gifts" going only one way,
of course).  We've identified various shelters/animal-aid organizations in
the Gulf Area that need donations of supplies.  If you would like to help,
please e-mail Jenna at tenetylo at hotmail.com.  She will then match up
volunteers and shelters.

The supplies can be for piggies or other small animals, such as rabbits,
hamsters, ferrets, birds, etc., and/or for dogs and cats.  For piggies and
rabbits, you might want to send such items as water bottles, hay, food,
bedding (no cedar), and so on.  For dogs and cats, items such as food and
food bowls are needed.

Even if you are only able to send one or two items, please consider
volunteering.  That one item could make the difference for an animal in need.

We want to thank everyone who has already volunteered, and we hope many
more will join us in Operation Angel Pig.

TIA,
Cindy, Sunshine, and Tumbleweed