[Gpdd] [behaviour] bathing and sky high

Mikey pandameisje at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 16:05:37 EDT 2005

hi everyone,

I am actually quite surprised that some guinea pigs don't like bathing. I
used to bathe my boy guinea Winky. He did not seemed to mind. i could just
put him in the sink with some lukewarm water in it, ,y hand under his belly
and he wouldn't mind me letting him float in the water. My brothers'boy
guinea though did not like it as much, he would always try to jump out of
the sink. and since het had half long hair that would make everything wet.

For bathing my two girls i have a different method now. I just put a little
bit of lukewarm water in the bath. Just enough for them to stand in and keep
their head above the water without problems. The sides of the bath are too
high for them to try and jump out of it. My Guiny seems to enjoy and like
water, at least she not at all seems to be bothered by it. Lotje does not
like it that much but she will undergo the washing. I always use a small cup
to pour some water over them.
just want to share this: as you all might know my piggies stayed at my
sisters house when i lived in the Czech republic for 5 months and was not
allowed to have guineas. the girls usually have their daily playtime, but
right now them are not so active because its to hot here in holland (all
summer was bad and cold and now holidays are over its super warm! it's not
fair).
when they are outside their cage they are not allowed to move to one part of
the room were the door is to the rest of the house and were there are a lot
of cable of our computers and such. one time they crossed this line again, i
guess they keep on trying. I have learned them a word, and when i call it
them will stop doing what they are doing and know they are doing something
wrong. i had the sprinkler (i'm not sure what's the exact english word for
it, it's something were you squeeze the handle and water will be sprayed
out, in a sort of misty form) near, at sprayed some at Guiny. and instead of
disliking it and running away (like my winky would do) she came running
toward me, with a look on her face like: "ow, that's great and refreshing do
that again!"
turned out that my sister used to do that with them when it was really hot.
In holland AC are not that common in living house, we do have them in
offices though. So they were used to getting sprayed, i did not know that!

I read about the movie sky high and I want to see it. I was looking when it
would come to Holland, but it will only be playing in the cinema's here on
the 9th of February of next year :(
I'm not very happy with that... that will be like 5 months from now...

Mieke