[Gpdd] MISC: 2 boys together

Missy Chodoro melissachodoro at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 14 12:20:56 EDT 2005

Hello all. For the past 4 months I have been trying to get my 2 males together. They kind of share a CxC cage with a divider in the middle separating them. About once a week, I attempt to put them together for extended floor time. They may spend like 4 hours playing and running around the apt. However, it always seems that there is some "event" that eventually happens between the 2 of them. Previously, Otis kind of shoved Lemi so he landed on his back. Then they were chattering their teeth like crazy, so i separted them and that was the end of play time. Last night they were both out for a while. running around, sniffing eachother, and then about 1 hour after they had been playing and napping together, something happened and Otis had a chunk of Lemi's fur in his mouth! Teeth chattering again started and of course that was the end of playtime again. I don't think I will ever feel comfortable enough to have them live in the same cage buti would at least like them to be able to hang out
 with eachother during playtime. Any ideas? Am I separating them too quickly?
melissa and Lemi and Otis