[Gpdd] Misc: Operation Angel Pig

Carla Martinez cmartinez36 at houston.rr.com
Wed Sep 14 21:50:21 EDT 2005

I had an idea to offer for Operation Angel Pig. So far it hasn't worked
but maybe it will jog someone else's brain for another idea . . . Yes I
want to help the Katrina dogs and cats, but would especially like to
help any guinea pigs that might be overlooked. So I looked up Louisiana
caviaries on Google.

I only found one but the website was unavailable for whatever reason.
Like maybe, gee, power was out in New Orleans? (The one listed was
Crescent City Caviary.) Found something like the "Deep South Cavy Club"
but didn't find any e-mails for them on their website. (Maybe I
overlooked them?)

So then I looked up the ACBA website (Am. Cavy Breeder's Assoc) and
contacted the director of Region 6 which is the territory for Louisiana
Mississippi, etc. She responded that ACBA has no members in those states
or Alabama, but if another hurricane hits Florida she will certainly
contact the GPDD. That was cute. But it surprised me that there are no
obvious ways to get info on our cavy brothers and sisters in targeted
areas.

Maybe at the Cavy Extravaganza in Tyler there will be some info Susi and
anyone else there could get for us?

Carla and Snowball with Snickers in spirit