[Gpdd] MISC : Incorrect State Abbreviations (And others...off piggie topic but cute)

Holly Marr purplecavy at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 16 21:36:13 EDT 2005

i cut this from Jenna's note...

" Thank you Leah for catching this...   on your emails I put AK -
THIS IS INCORRECT!!!  The state abbrviation is AR.    AK is alaska!!! "

NOT to make fun of her, but to mention that i heard 2 people talking
about how amazing it was that there was a hurricane in LOS ANGELES (?)
and in the gulf at the same time!  They'd either read or had seen on TV,
Slidell, LA, and did not know that LA = LOUISIANA!  They only know LA as
Los Angeles!  So from that they got 2 hurricanes in 2 different cities!  Just
goes to show you how easy it is to mix things up!  i got a laugh out of that!

Hmmm, following "Net-speak rules", the Great State of THANKS (TX) has
been kind enough to take in lots of people from New Orleans.

Thanks for letting me go off-topic for a bit...something i rarely do...it just
seemed too funny to pass up!

-holly + 5 fur boys who can't believe that their mom writes this stuff!