[Gpdd] [Health] Piggie wellness check

Maren Fouts butzm at ece.osu.edu
Mon Sep 19 11:09:50 EDT 2005

Hi all!

Since we all hear about surgeries and other "big" things I thought I would
chime in with a little bit of good news.  My pigs went for their wellness
check on Friday and each receive a clean bill of piggie health!  The vet
also said she thought they were well taken care of.  It's always good to
hear that, isn't it?

I will be taking Sam in to have him "fixed" although I don't have it
scheduled yet.  That was another reason for taking them in.  I wanted to
make sure he was healthy enough for surgery.

I must say, they didn't care for the experience, but I spent so much time
(after the exam) talking to the vet about surgery that Rosie curled up on
the exam table next to my belly and Sam come up to her forming a 'T' and
laid his head on her.  I've never seen them do that before.  It was like
he was telling her it was ok and he would protect her!  How cute!

That's all for now.
Love and piggie kisses to all!
Maren, Sam, and Rosie