[Gpdd] HEALTH - Bladder Stones & Shilintong

Janelle D. Smith janelle300 at worldnet.att.net
Mon Sep 19 18:55:44 EDT 2005

I'm the slave that Leah was talking about.  I give those 3 meds to 2 of my
female piggies everyday.  My Vet said that Metacam can be given in higher
doses to "rodents" than to cats and dogs.

She also has them on Cosequin For Cats to reduce the thickness of their
bladder walls.  Their bladder walls are still twice as thick as normal.  But
they were 3 times as thick as normal.  They both still cry when she presses
on their bladders.  But she said that the Cosequin For Cats had made a big
difference.  But they both REALLY hate the taste!!  And it has a very strong
tuna & chicken smell!!

And I cannot say enough good things about Shilintong......it has made a HUGE
difference in their lives and kept them from having bladder stone surgery.
It has actually shrank the stones.  But since I don't know what type of
bladder stones they had, I can't say it will work for all gp's.

Janelle