[Gpdd] Silly: piggies at the fair

Martha Coburn marthac at cogeco.ca
Tue Sep 20 16:54:32 EDT 2005

Hello Piggies and their Peoples

I just wanted to share my piggie weekend adventure. I've never been a fair
goer but since moving to my rural community (from the city) I thought it
would be a great way to become involved (and combine it with my little furry
friends). I volunteered setting the rabbit and cavy show and then joined in
the fair fun on the weekend. My piggies made their mommy proud both with how
well they were behaved and all the ribbons they brought home!  There was a
great turnout at the fair and it was wonderful to meet other slaves in the
area. Below are the honours they received at what I think will now be an
annual event, not that I need ribbons to tell me how wonderful they are!

Sally - 1st in class (Senior Smoothie, Sow) (this is the pig that was caught
on the city streets a year ago)
           Best of Breed
           3rd in Best of Show

Poppy    1st in class (Intermediate Smoothie, Sow)

Holly     1st in class (Junior Silkie, Sow)
            Reserve of Breed (second)

Otis       1st in class (Junior Smoothie, Sow) (I'm not going to tell her
that she was the only one in the class, I'm sure it made her feel good to
get a ribbon after that other pig at the pet store pulled all her hair out)

Just in case there are other neophytes like me the Best of Breed judging is
done among all pigs of a certain breed regardless of age and the Best of
Show is judged between all the Best of Breed winners.

There was a round of treats and extra cuddles (if that is possible) when we
got home.

Cuddles to all,
Martha, Sally, Poppy, Holly & Otis