[Gpdd] Behavior - Help with piggy chit chat.

FroggyEMT442 at aol.com FroggyEMT442 at aol.com
Tue Sep 20 23:50:51 EDT 2005

This is my first post, I would like to say thanks for  accepting me..

I am knew to the piggy world (3 1/2 weeks) & I am  completely attached
already. I have 2 males, Ben & Tommy. Respectfully named  for the Pittsburgh
Steelers QB's.

I feel I have quite a bit of information & I am  confident on issues of
housing, feeding, the vitamin C issue. We are  on schedule & seem to be doing
great.

Unfortunately, in 3 1/2 weeks, we have been at the vet  3 times. The little
guys came to me inundated with ringworm. I am so  attached to these little
guys. I could not imagine after taking care of them,  not being there for them. I
have a question that will definitely show I am an  amateur. I know it takes
time, but I am worried I am not getting  their 'piggy language'..  I get the
teeth chattering, the popcorning, the  loud wheeek's from the wiggle of the hay
bag & the fridge opening. Also, the  much much louder wheeek during medicine
time when they don't want to be held  down. My problem is, when I hold Ben, I
feel almost certain that he likes to  cuddle but I'm worried I may be wrong. His
signature noise while I'm holding  & cuddling him reminds me of a brand new
puppy whimpering. Short little  wimpers kind of.

I was hopping for comments about this specific  communication. He does not
attempt to get away, he runs to my neck &  cuddles, making the whimpering/whiney
noise. Any suggestions?

Cyndee - Baby Ben &  Tommy