[Gpdd] BEHAVIOR: whimpering noises

Brenda Colijn bcolijn at wideopenwest.com
Wed Sep 21 22:45:49 EDT 2005

To Cyndee:  I think baby Ben is probably making happy noises when he
cuddles and makes the little whimpering sounds.  One of my piggies does
the same thing.  He doesn't really purr, but he'll make the little
whimpers along with chittering and happy chewing noises, and he
sometimes also licks my hand.  If he's afraid, he freezes, but he seems
perfectly relaxed when he's making the little squeak/whimper sounds.  I
guess that's just the way he "talks."  If Ben seemed really tense, he
might be saying he's frightened, but if he's cuddling up to you and
relaxing, it's probably just his way of talking to you.

Brenda (in Ohio)
Shadow (the strong silent type) and Max (the one who whimpers)