[Gpdd] How Smart is your guinea pig?

Sandi Korman sdattler at axcessystems.com
Mon Sep 26 12:27:33 EDT 2005

I have four guinea pigs and they each have their own personalities.

All 4 of mine know the phrase "go home".  They all go back into their cages when floor time is over.  (sometimes a lot quicker than others).

They know that they get fed/cage cleaning on a daily basis once Mommy is done with exercises and is quiet until that moment..but then the wheeking starts.  I have one loud one that gets the others riled up.

When Checkie doesn't want to be picked up, she will kick us.  oh yes....I mean kick!

Rusti Mae moves her wood house all around the cage and Checkie gets mad at her and kicks her. (Checkie is mommy and Rusti Mae is baby).

Bert puts up with the vet (He's been there 8x in the last few months with teeth issues).  What's really cute is that once the vet is done examining him he leaps up in my arms and hides under my chin.

All of them love the sound of the vegetable bags.  And they can differentiate between those plastic bags and other plastic bags.

They hate the sound of sneezing humans, clapping hands, pats on the shoulder, and all growl when they hear them.

Ernie loves Checkie and Rusti and tries to break them out of their cage when him and Bert have floor time.  He also likes to lie on his chair that's next to the girls cage and stare at the girls while he has floor time.

Sandi Korman