[Gpdd] HEALTH: Please keep Mollie in your thoughts

Candy G. crawdad1953 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 27 04:04:53 EDT 2005

Greetings, y'all -

Well, Mollie has been on the Cipro for THREE
MONTHS.  Her last culture was completely
negative.  She has started to have some
distention problems, I believe, related to the
prolonged antibiotic use.  So, I decided to
discontinue the antibiotic for the next two
weeks and get another culture to see how
things are going.  I also discontinued the
Metacam (anti-inflammatory).

Now, this morning, she is peeing bright
pink/red again!  Her urine had been sort of
a dark rusty color - almost brownish.  You
know how water looks when it has a lot of
rust in it?  Like that.  I haven't been able to
figure it out, unless it's an old clot that is
slowly seeping into the urine.  [Leah and
Janelle, could it be the Shilintong?]  Anyway,
now it is back to bright/fresh pink.

Would all of y'all please just send her some
good thoughts?  She is such a little warrior
and she continues to persevere hardily, but
I wonder how long she can go on with this
bleeding and inflammation.  Plus, the stone
is still there, so I'm sure there is pain off and
on, too.

I know it will help her for you all to be pulling
for her (and it most certainly will help me).

Also, a side note:  for those of you who should
have heard from me and haven't, please excuse
me for my belated responses.  I know it seems
that I have fallen over the edge of the planet.
This week ends Carl's 30-year career with the
feds and we have been very jammed up
time-wise trying to wrap everything up and also
continuing his treatments and making sure that
his mom is okay.  Starting Monday, I will be back
into the communication loop.

Thanks again to everyone for the love and
support that I know you will be sending Mollie's
way.  You are a wonderful group of folks.

a worried Candy; a subdued Topper and a struggling Mollie