[Gpdd] Behavior: How Smart is Your Pig?

Cavykatie at aol.com Cavykatie at aol.com
Tue Sep 27 21:05:15 EDT 2005

Hi!  I first want to say that I really really enjoy reading these "How  Smart
is Your Pig?" things.  Keep 'em coming!  : )

When I walk by Scamper's cage, she starts squeaking like crazy until I pick
her up and let her run around on the floor.  Also, somebody said about this
before, but when we give Scamper veggies, she swings her head around a  couple
times.

Also, a few years ago when we had a few more pigs than we do now, we would
sometimes give them grapes (they loved them!).  Rose would always grab a
grape, stuff it under her belly, stand up, and wave her head around as if to  say,
"Hey!  I didn't get one!" So since what she did was so  cute, we would give
her another and then another and another, and she'd keep  stuffing them under
her belly until she couldn't possibly fit anymore under  her.  She would then
take them out one by one and eat them.

Also, Tiptoe used to love to snuggle up with our one cat and the cat loved
it and they took long naps together.  Our cat would bop all the other  piggies
who tried to get too close to "his" guinea pig.

~Katie & the Cavies
    Scamper, and always remembering Lilac, Tiptoe,  Wooly Bear, Rose, & Harry