[Gpdd] CARE-Flint

Karen Murphy klynnem at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 30 01:06:23 EDT 2005

Hi Lisa, I guess I missed how Flint ended up with an abscess?  Was it from his neuter surgery?

I would be sure to discuss with your piggie vet leaving the intact tooth "as is" so it can meet the opposing incisors and help wear them properly.  That is what my vet advised when one of my bunnies broke an incisor.  I wanted to make the teeth look "even," but he explained the remaining tooth that was still the proper length would help the other one re-grow properly.  Your vet may have a different, opinion, of course, based on Flint's particular situation, but something to discuss, for sure.

Anyway, thinking of you guys, and best wishes for Flint's recovery, hope it is quick!  And wishes to all the piggies and their people who are not well now.

Karen, Meekly and Vivian (still waiting on babies)