[Gpdd] Behavior: Re: How Smart is Your G-Pig?

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 30 11:56:18 EDT 2005

Ginger,
Your posting had me laughing so
hard and some of it reminded me
of my little pigs. Like, you wrote:

"The C&C cage is cleaned in the evening. If the boys
are in it instead of having couch time (which must be
supervised since Butterscotch seems very curious about
what is inside the couch or over the edge), Steve
Slave announces "Housekeeping!" in the hopes they'll
find that comforting somehow and know they are not
under attack."
********

Ha ha ha! When I change the piggies' towels,
I yell in a high pitched voice, "Towel Service!"
So, if the pigs are in their cage, I scoot them
out and then start the work. Well, B-Bear will
supervise and make sure I'm doing things Right.
And Butterscotch will just run around and get
horny and start purrrrrring. Then, when I'm half
way done, B'scotch will start making his way to the
cage entrance, and then stop and look at me like,
"Are you DONE yet?!?!?" heeeee

Heather, then you wrote:

"...Before Salad is served, we have "Kisses for
Carrots." Neither boy was too hot on the kiss concept
(let's face it, when they first moved in they didn't
want to have much to do with humans at all), but
through patience I have got them to where they will
hold their little muzzles up for me to kiss if I say
"Kisses for Carrots" but I had better follow through
with the appropriate bribe or they'll be mad."
*******

Okay, well, my Sassy Brownie Bear will totally
give me a kiss when I say "Kiss Kiss" and I have
a treat in my hand. It's so Cute! And sometimes,
she'll even stand on her hind legs and give me
a kiss. Awwwwwwwwwwww. Now, I've tried to teach
Butterscotch that trick, but he won't do it. He
knows what "Kiss Kiss" means because he sees
B-Bear do it all the time, but he refuses to do
it for some reason. He just gives me this look
like, "C'mon Mommy! Kissing is for Girls...Yuk!"
ha ha

Thanks for sharing and here's a Hearty WELCOME
to Your Clover & Butterscotch!!!

    Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeeps,
      Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear
                & Butterscotch :-)