[Gpdd] [Health] Frasier had a bladder stone

Brenda bunner77 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 6 19:17:27 EDT 2006

Hi everyone,

Always lurking and keeping up-to-date on what's going on.

The news hit hard today as Frasier has been bleeding on and off for about a
week now. Last night at about 2:30 AM, we awoke to him crying and straining
to pee. Unfortunately, not much you can do at that time of the morning so
had to wait it out. Saw a vet at 11:30 this morning, x-rays taken and found
a stone. They took him for surgery right away. It was blocking his bladder
and he wasn't able to pee properly. It ended up being 5mm in size and is
being shipped to Guelph to examine it. He is recovering and doing well so
far. He has a cafeter inserted in him as his urethra was torn a bit. He is
now wearing a cone around his head like a dog would after being neutered so
they can't get to the stitches. In his case, it's to keep him from pulling
out the cafeter. We went to see him and he is alert and eating very well -
my little glutton :-)

Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. The next two days will be
critical to his recovery.

Thanks and good health to all piggies and their slaves.

Brenda
Frasier, MT and Boo