[Gpdd] MISC - Seussy and Hamlet in NYC

Heather Eickmeyer eickmeha at mail.saturnfans.com
Fri Apr 14 19:08:51 EDT 2006

Hi Everyone!

My husband and I got back from a trip to NYC.  The pigs came along for the trip too.  :-)  When we walked into our hotel, everyone was looking into their travel cages and asking what they were.  It still amazes me that there are people out there who don't know what a guinea pig is!!!  So many people were wowed by how big they were.  A couple of people asked me if they were rabbits.

Once, we got in their room, I set their cages up with a small playground beside the window so they could look at all the sky scrapers.  At first, they were a little shy from all of the newness but it didn't take long for them to start running around.  And Seussy being the brave one that he is, started wheeking as soon as he heard plastic.  His carrots were in a plastic baggy.

I had so much fun with the little guys.  I think they enjoyed the trip too.  I even saw Seussy popcorn a little.  Seussy's my brave one and the oldest.  We adopted him from NYC, where my sister-in-law lived almost 4 years ago!!!  Maybe he felt right at home.  Hamlet is my shy one.  He would rather let Seussy check everything out before he ventures out.  I think he is the most greatful to be home too.  he! he!

Heather, Seussy and Hamlet