[Gpdd] [HEALTH] <diabetes>

lost nvegas lostnvegas68 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 19 00:56:58 EDT 2006

Dear readers,

  I am looking for any information regarding diabetes in guinea pigs. Comet has been urninating frequently. I am changing his litter box, (yes, he is about 90-95% trained) about every 24 hours. He is drinking 3/4 of a big water bottle in that time also.  He has been having more accidents when we are holding him. Today there was no warning before he wet on me. I got a scale and started weighing him today, to make sure he is not losing weight. This has been going on for about a week. Is it to early to be worried. There isn't a lot out there on GP diabetes. Am I jumping the gun? It has been getting warmer out as I do live in Las Vegas. Could this be it? I haven't noticed a change in his behavior. He talks just as much as he always does, more so since we got two more pigs. It does seem that he is running more in his cage. He has a new set up and seems to enjoy it more. All these changes started about the same time as we got the two new ones....cage change and more running
 included. Comet is about 4 1/2 months old.....Any information would be great....
  Thank you,
  Gwen
  Comet, Alf, and Chip in Las Vegas...........