[Gpdd] HEALTH: not eating dry mix

Alison Varndell avarndell at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Apr 19 13:39:51 EDT 2006

Thank you so much to the people that offered me advice when I posted a query a few days ago about my ageing piggie Pepsi being off her dry mix.  I took her to the rodentogist a couple of days ago.  Her teeth, incisors and molars, were fine.  However, apparently her Retropharyngeal Lymph Nodes were swollen which indicated that she had a sore throat.  She's now on anti-inflammatories which will have the added benefit of helping with her stiff joints.  The rodentologist seemed optimistic, but at over 7 and a half, she hinted that I was looking at months rather than years (oooooh)  Still she's improving already.  And she's now on critical care, so her weight and general condition are on the up.  It's just great to be able to do something for your piggie, rather than being in the all-too-familiar position of powerless observer of your darling's decline.

Lots of love to squeakers and piggie slaves everywhere.

Alison