[Gpdd] HEALTH - dandelions

Andrew a1.mills at portset.net
Fri Apr 21 13:17:04 EDT 2006

Hello, I don't know much about the value of dandelions as a food for guinea pigs, but I do know that most seem to love them.  However, Peter Gurney says they can act as a laxitive so I would not give them too often purely for this reason.  I would think some every few days would be fine, but keep an eye on the poohs and if they start getting loose just cut down on the dandelions a bit.  I expect others may have more information as to how good they are for them to eat.