[Gpdd] [MISC] Using indoor/outdoor carpet

Susi Eastin ok.cavylodge at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 2 00:26:13 EDT 2006

        Lin-
  We used the indoor/outdoor carpet (actually, the doormats/runners
  they have at WalMart - they're thin enough to cut with heavy scissors,
  and washable) in the Okie Piggies' condo, mainly on the upper level
  and the ramps. They tested the edges at first, but soon lost interest
  in favor of tastier things.
  Actually, they'll chew up the newspaper layers underneath before
  they'll chew the carpet, and the plastic beneath that if they can get
  to it!  There seems to be something very intriguing about those
  plastic shopping bags - I have to watch them!  Actually, anything
  I don't want them to have is what they'll try for.  They've pulled papers
  out of my purse and nibbled the edges (they say they're just giving
  them decorative edges), chewed my shoestrings - and Snowy
  would sneak and pull down her kite and nibble on it!
  By the way - it would be funny enough if Corky were dragging
  that cardboard tube "tree" - no, he lifts it high above his head
  and runs with it!  I've got to get a picture of that one!
  Speaking of the C&C cages - that's primarily what we use and
  love them, using a wire shelf here and there. But for any of you
  who have baby piggies - beware!  The little ones can, and will,
  run right through those holes!  If we have babies in one of those
  I line the inside with the small animal playpen they sell at WalMart
  and many pet stores. The ones I find are red, yellow & blue; they're
  in hinged sections so they'll fold flat, or open to any shape.  I just
  attach a twist tie here and there to secure the two fences while
  the babies are little. (and don't remove it too soon - even when
  they're too  big to squeeze through, their head will still fit through!)
  But that's another story!
  Be sure to share pics of your condo when you get it done!
  Susi & the OP's
  Susi & the OP's