[Gpdd] HEALTH: tricks for getting pigs to take Benebac

Ginger Fitzsimmons matildalucet at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 2 16:44:48 EDT 2006

Both Clover and Butterscotch are on antibiotics again. Clover's
breathing "click" came back and Butterscotch can't seem to gain back
any of the weight he lost earlier this summer, so he gets to join
Clover on the meds in case he has a subclinical case of whatever Clover
has. I wanted to give them Benebac. Clover refuses to eat it or
anything it has touched; Butterscotch will sometimes eat it on
especially tasty produce, but he turned his nose up at it today. I
syringed them a mixture of water and acidophilus powder instead.

Is there a trick to getting them to take Benebac? It would be less
traumatic for everybody if I could give them probiotics without having
to drag them out of their run.

-ginger
slave to fussy brothers Butterscotch and Clover
in unbelievably hot and stuffy Boston area