[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: Everybody's talkin' - there's a new pig in town....

rmalsberg at comcast.net rmalsberg at comcast.net
Thu Aug 3 16:58:35 EDT 2006

Well, there's a new pig in town at our house!

Thanks to Heidi from Ohio, who generously allowed us to take her piggy who became pigsona non grata due to the landlord, Carmen will have a new friend.

The renamed Cio-cio-san [cho-cho-san] (the name of Madame Butterfly) is an adorable black Abby with 2 white hind paws and a flash of white.  She is very sweet and a tough cookie too, as she survived a trip from Cleveland to Chicago burbs in 90+ weather.  Thank goodness for a good a/c in the car!

My sister was absolutely captivated by Cio-cio-san and kept turning around to talk to her and encourage her to come out of her shell (aka, pigloo).  Also, telling her (unnecessarily, but understandably) how cute she was.  Maybe my sister will get a piggy of her own, pending negotiations with the Husband Unit.

So, thanks again, Heidi and family!  Carmen and Cio-cio-san touched noses through the cage bars this morning, and later today, we'll see how they do in the guinea pig play area.

I hope they can "room" together.

--
Wheeks,

Rayna, Carmen and Cio-cio-san