[Gpdd] [HEALTH] piggie not eating; is now at vet.

Ginger Hoffman gingera at MIT.EDU
Sat Aug 5 14:54:14 EDT 2006

Dear GPDDers,

I know that I hardly ever post, but I read the GPDD quite regularly and
find it immensely useful.  I also find it very comforting to know that
there is such a wonderful and compassion community of people who care
about piggies as much as I do.

I just wanted to post about my male Wallie (2 years old).  Yesterday,
he started refusing food and becoming lethargic.  I took him to the ER
at 3 a.m. last night (Angell Memorial Medical Center in Boston).  They
are giving him sub Q's of fluid and Oxbow critical care.  The exotics
vet says that they need x-rays and a blood sample, and might have to
give him general anesthesia in order to do that (she is going to try to
do it without the anesthesia first).  She doesn't know what the problem
is:  he doesn't really have any other symptoms of a URI.  I should find
out more at 6 or 7 p.m. tonight after they do the tests.  I'm so
worried!  Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.  And if you
have any thoughts or advice about what's going on, of course I'd love
to hear that as well.

Condolences to all who have lost a piggie.  And to the animals in
Ontario.

All the best,
Ginger