[Gpdd] [Rainbow Bridge] Wilson of the Jolly Rodents

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Wed Aug 9 00:48:43 EDT 2006

Brenda,
     Thank you for your very kind email. Wilson had lost weight earlier but
for 6 months held his own. The vet had diagnosed him with a vitmine C
deficiency though I'm not convinced. I gave him extra C plus many vit C rich foods.
Food of all kinds actually. And he ate voraciously. Then suddenly, in a matter of
2 or 3 days, he began losing additional weight and in spite of my attempts,
there was no turning it around. I should have had him put to sleep on Monday
but kept hoping that the syringed foods and water + critical care would turn him
around. He just further deteriorated. I didn't want him to linger in a state
of progressive misery so I had him "put to sleep." I still miss him SO much.

     Still, I feel very fortunate that he blessed my life for 4 years --
since he was 20 days old!

Again, thanks...
Alge and the remaining Jolly Rodents: Mr. Cooders, Chester and Charlie