[Gpdd] Health: CA Cookie

Mary Fran McCluskey faststats at faststatschecks.com
Wed Aug 9 16:37:06 EDT 2006

Dear GPDDer,
Thank you to all who wrote regarding Cookie and sending references to vets. As you may remember, she was refusing food, very unpig-like. Of course I was worried and separated her from Brownie so I could tell who was eating what. She got extra mommy time and cuddles and was coaxed with treats and special food handling. Both of the girls enjoyed this period of be-aloneness. And Cookie gradually started eating and is now the same happy little pooker as before. She actually looked unhappy and like she had a tummy ache (her poops came to little points at the end.) She'd been out in the wild backyard grazing and maybe she ate something that upset her stomach.
In any case, here's a situation where I just left her alone and kept a close eye on her and she was fine after a few days. Just want to add to those of  you who waited to take your piggy in to the vets or whatever, you just have to do what  you think is right at the time. We are grateful for her swift recovery.
--Mary Fran
(with Cookie & Brownie)