[Gpdd] [BRIDGE] Thank you for the support about Wallie

Ginger Hoffman gingera at MIT.EDU
Wed Aug 9 22:33:25 EDT 2006

Dear All,

thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kind emails.  I know you
all understand, and I know that some of you are going through the same
thing I am right now.  I hope that Wallie and Wilson and Sully have met
and started frolicking together over the bridge.  And I know they will
become friends with all the other wonderful GPDD "masters" who are
there now.

I described how hard my decision was, and all of your replies have
helped me tremendously.  I will be responding to you individually soon.
  Things have been building up when I was tending to Wallie (even though
it was just a few days!) and I'm overwhelmed with errands and such.  In
some ways, today was harder than yesterday.  It was hard to participate
in the real world and not have every single person I encountered pay a
tribute to Wallie (receptionists, other drivers, etc.).  Of course they
didn't know about him, but I felt like the whole world should be
mourning.  I know it's going to take me a very very long time to not
spontaneously burst into tears, and I hope that others around me
understand how hard it is to lose a piggie.  At least I know that all
of you do.  He was my very first piggie and I love him so much.

All the very best to you--especially those who are recently grieving
and those who are not-so-recently grieving.

A tribute to Wal-wal is coming.

Warmly,
Ginger