[Gpdd] [Rainbow Bridge] <Matilda Passed Away>

Liz Kennedy liz_kennedy at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 10 13:07:57 EDT 2006

Hello Everyone,

My dear, dear Matilda passed away sometime in the night last night.  I am so
very shocked!  She had absolutely NO symptoms of ANYTHING whatsoever.  She
was eating and drinking and pooing and wheeking and running around her play
area last night at 11pm right before I went to bed, but when I woke up this
morning at 6am, she had passed.  I have NO idea what happened!!!  Does
anyone know?
She was just at the vet last month because I noticed a bald spot on her back
and thought it might be mites, but it turned out it was just a cowlick that
I had never noticed before (I've only had dear Matilda for about 4 months).
Everyday, I do a "check" of Matilda for bumps, strange breathing, etc., and
she's been just fine.  I just don't understand.
I got her from a rescue, and they "estimated" her to be around 2.  Does
anyone think she might have been older?  Or maybe just from a line of pigs
who don't live very long?  Please help!  I need some closure!
Matilda was my right hand wo-man!  She was my only female pet, and so we had
a very special bond.  I'm just so heartbroken!!  I had to call in sick today
from work because I just can't bear to do anything!
I called my vet this morning to see how much an autopsy costs (I think he
called it a necropsy?), and he said $100, and unfortunately I don't get paid
till next Friday and just can't afford it untill then.

Thanks.
A very, very lonely and sad Liz <lots and lots of tears>