[Gpdd] CARE--keeping boys together

Horsesaavy82 at aol.com Horsesaavy82 at aol.com
Fri Aug 11 11:20:14 EDT 2006

Hello everyone, about a month ago I posted about the two new piggies  in my
life, a rescued male and female who had been living together. (the family  was
obviously ignorant and didn't want them anymore) I seperated them but kept a
close watch on the female, Ming Ming, and I am pretty sure she is pregnant,
she  has been gaining weight like crazy...so of course I am reasearching
pregnancy  and babies.
I didn't want babies, as I know there are a lot of piggies in my area  who
need homes, but sometimes when you take on other peoples "throw-away pets"  you
end up with pregnancies, as anyone who works with animal rescue knows. I
didn't intentionally breed them, I don't want anyone to be mad at me for that.
Anyway, my question is, how many of you wonderful slaves have had good luck with
 keeping unnuetered males together? I was thinking maybe the boys in the
litter  could eventually live with dad and the girls with mom. I know guinea pigs
are  social creatures, and I plan to keep the babies, unless I find good
homes, which  I know will be hard to do..and with all I have heard about the
downsides of  nuetering, it was an idea...I appreciate any advice and stories..
  Ming Ming and Lenny and I are sorry to hear about Wally, Wilson, and  the
other sweet babies who have crossed the bridge. Our prayers will be with  you,
and also with all the sweet piggies who don't have homes yet...as well as
other animals.
Amy, Ming Ming and Lenny