[Gpdd] CARE: boars living together

Moxie and Nexus moxie17 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 11 19:25:38 EDT 2006

Hi,

  I have three boars that live together.  Smudge is 2 years old.  Ziggy is one year old, and Chuckie is a little over a year.  I had Smudge first and then adopted Ziggy.  Then I added Chuckie.  They all get along fine.  Once in a while Chuckie will pick on Ziggy a bit, but Ziggy hangs out on one side of the pen that he has claimed as his spot.  They are in a 5 X 2 C & C cage.  There are three houses in it so they can each have one.  They have been living together about a year now.  I would think litter mates would be easier.  I first had a divider as I added each pig to let them sniff each other first.  Then I removed the divider for short supervised periods.  Chuckie was a bit aggressive with Ziggy, but they get along fine now.  I work out of my home so I would know if there were squabbles.

Moxie, Nexus, Smudge, Ziggy, and Chuckie
God Bless America
In God We Trust