[Gpdd] Bridge: Matilda

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Sat Aug 12 01:18:25 EDT 2006

Dear Liz,
     I am so terribly sorry to hear about Matilda's sudden passing. Be
grateful that she didn't suffer (easy to say, right?) but many of us have
experienced grief likes yours first hand and deeply empathize with what you're going
through.
     This sounds overly simplistic but take solace in the knowledge that you
gave her love, comfort and a wonderful home during the time she was with you.
That's everything in the world to a neglected piggy and even a rescue piggy. A
"forever home" for however long or short a time that may be. Having a good
home means so much with so many unwanted guinea pigs needing such homes.
     You made one of those little piggies very happy indeed.
     Grief is often the price we pay for such love. Perhaps that makes it all
the more valuable.
     When the right time comes, get another little girl piggy! And love her
as I know you will.

Wishing you solace and comfort,
Alge and the remaining Jolly Rodents: Mr. Cooders, Chester and Charlie, all
of us still in mourning over the loss of Wilson ten days ago. And still missing
Ebeneezer who left us 2 years ago.