[Gpdd] Behavior: popcorn

Schumann, Jan Jan.Schumann at SelectHealthofSC.com
Wed Aug 16 13:25:30 EDT 2006

OK people and pigs!  We've had so many go to the Bridge lately that it's time for some silliness to lighten the mood.

A few weeks ago, I dropped a piece of popcorn on the floor.  Leela grabbed it before I could pick it up.  She at it right down and started begging for more.  She nearly crawled in the bowl!  (I pop mine on the stove, the old fashioned way.)  I gave her a couple more pieces making sure that I didn't give her any kernels and only gave her the puffy part.

The next popcorn night, she begged for more and then Tribble started in.  It was wild!  They were trying to get in the bowl.  They love it.  Zathras came out from under the sofa to see what the commotion was about.  He didn't care for it and decided to peel the paper off a box while the girls ate popcorn with me.

It's now part of the ritual.  When I do popcorn it's when the pigs are having floor time.  I sit on the floor and give them the puffy parts of the popcorn as a treat.  When I think they've had enough (usually about 5 or 6 pieces), I move to the sofa so they aren't tempted.  Zathras continues to peel paper off a box that I leave out for him.

Jan
Mom to Tribble, Zathras, and Leela and Lokai in my heart

Jan Schumann
Data Analyst
Select Health of SC
(843) 569-4847